For individuals who have or would like to establish charitable endowment funds, consider Story County Community Foundation.
What is the Story County Community Foundation?
The Story County Community Foundation (SCCF) is a nonprofit public charity created by generous local citizens. It builds charitable funds that support causes donors care about. Donations may be made to funds which address community needs and reflect a donor's interests and personal philanthropic goals. The SCCF partners with individuals, families, and local nonprofit organizations to administer many separate funds. Establishing a charitable fund with SCCF provides many benefits:
- You recommend grants to your favorite charities. Gifts from your fund will be made in your name or the name you choose for your fund.
- You receive immediate tax benefits but can give over time.
- Your assets grow through investment, allowing you to give more.
- You can establish an endowment as a legacy that will support the community in perpetuity.
The Story County Community Foundation has two primary functions:
Through its community grant program, the Story County Community Foundation (SCCF) is committed to allocating resources to significantly improve or affect the lives of people living in Story County communities. The foundation receives support for this program with funds made available through the state’s County Endowment Fund and with the support of generous donors.
To provide a means for donors to make gifts that address the challenges and issues confronting Story County communities and organizations now and in the future.
Here’s how it works:
- Consider Your Goals - Discuss your philanthropic interests with family members—and the tax advantages with your financial advisers.
- Choose a Gift - Decide what, when and how much is right for you. In most cases, you receive tax benefits the year the gift is made. Endow Iowa tax credits can be used for up to five years.
- Select the Type of Fund - Determine the type of fund that best addresses your needs and interests.
- Name Your Fund - Use your name, a family name, a corporate name or honor someone special by establishing a lasting legacy for them. The fund can also be anonymous.
- Decide how you'd like your fund to be managed
- Complete the simple fund agreement with the SCCF team. The agreement will serve as the guideline for grants made from your fund now and forever once the minimum required contribution is received.
- You have the option to choose First Point Wealth Management to manage the funds. This means the funds will be managed locally in Story County.
To learn more about the right type of fund for you, contact the Story County Community Foundation:
Liz Zuercher, Executive Director
You can also contact our First Point Wealth Management Team for more information regarding our Wealth Management services.
Ric Nelson, CFP® First Point Wealth Management Investment Representative
Story County Community Foundation, First Point Wealth Management and LPL Financial are separate entities.